Hospitalist Jobs in Delaware
Monday · June 18, 2018
1 Job in The First State
Photo: The many boats of the Indian River Inlet Marina in Delaware.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Wilmington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- United States Citizenship.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal or Family Medicine.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required in ANY United States State.
- This position could possibly have rounds in the ICU as needed.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- We can only accept applications from candidates who are United States Citizens.
- The Wilmington Delaware VA Medical Center is seeking one full-time BC/BE Hospitalist.
- The providers have responsibilities for the evaluation, care, and disposition of patients, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, and determining need for care.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- The ideal Hospitalist is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of a patient's primary care needs or subspecialty evaluation and treatment.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Disability Retirement.
- Fers basic benefits (pension).
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Hospitalist staff provide 24/7 coverage.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Hospitalist Job in Wilmington, DE.
- 10 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability).
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Main responsibilities are admissions, discharges and ongoing care of medical acute care patients.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
This perm job opening was posted
8 days ago